Search This Blog

Monday, August 20, 2012

St. Clare's 2nd Letter to Bl. Agnes of Prague


This excerpt from St. Clare's second letter to Bl. Agnes of Prague is one I love and speaks to me of the Poor Clare Colettine vocation.  I feel St. Clare exhorts me to keep to my path and not let anything make me deviate on my barefoot Journey to Christ Crucified as a Poor Clare Colettine.

"What you hold, may you always hold.
What you do, may you always do and never abandon.
But with swift pace, light step, and unswerving feet,
so that even your steps stir up no dust,
go forward securely, joyfully, and swiftly,
on the path of prudent happiness,
believing nothing, agreeing with nothing which would
dissuade you from this resolution or
which would place a stumbling block
for you on the way, so that you may offer
your vows to the Most High
in the pursuit of that perfection to which
the Spirit of the Lord has called you." 


--- St. Clare of Assisi to Bl. Agnes of Prague

No comments:

Post a Comment