Search This Blog

Friday, July 6, 2012

Writings of St. Francis - Rule of Life Given to St. Clare

Form of Life given to Saint Clare

"Because by divine inspiration you have made yourselves daughters and servants of the Most High King, the heavenly Father and have espoused yourselves to the Holy Spirit, choosing to live a life according to the perfection of the holy Gospel, I Resolve and promise for myself and for my brothers to always have that same loving care and solicitude for you as I have for them."

Last Will written for Saint Clare

"I , little brother Francis, wish to follow the life and poverty of our most high Lord Jesus Christ and of his Holy Mother and to persevere in this until the end; and I ask and counsel you , my ladies, to live always in this most holy life and poverty. And keep most careful watch that you never depart from this by reason of the teaching or advice of anyone."

(These two brief texts come from Chapter VI of Rule of St. Clare)

No comments:

Post a Comment