Search This Blog

Thursday, June 28, 2012

"A Bill of Divorce" by a Poor Clare Colettine nun

Bill Of Divorce


A Cloistered and Consecrated Poor Clare Colettine Nun

I hereby do declare before the presence of Jesus Christ My Lord, in the arms of My Spouse the Holy Spirit, and beneath the outstretched hands of my Father, that I divorce you, O death, with all my strength, with all that I am capable of, I divorce you, with all the love within my blessed soul ... I divorce you ... too long have you bound me in my fears, too long have you cast your shadows over my joy!

I offer you this day my bill of divorce that henceforth you shall have no power over me ...

For I have seen, and that by grace, my soul is beyond your power, not for a fleeting, split second in time will your shadow ever touch my soul!

What does it matter, that my body diminishes, that my physical being ages and fails ...

It is but the shell of what is yet to come ... but my immortal soul is free, free from your power, I shall live unto God ...

At the end of my earthly pilgrimage Mary, Most Holy will hold my soul in her hands and gently release me into glory ...

I divorce you oh death, dark Lord of the deep! Come not near me, try not to embrace me with your fears ...

For my blessed soul will live in God, I ask only that the time left to me may be a time when my soul will be perfected in beauty even as my body will wrinkle, erode and decay ...

All I ask is that love, love will grow and grow within me, love ... that when I am called beyond the shadows of this world, when the separation of my body from my soul becomes a reality, that my God will find a soul, my blessed soul, a tear of beauty offered for the salvation of souls.

O death you are in reality so paltry, so insignificant, and a great deception ...

My soul and all within it will live forever ...

O Jesus my Spouse, My love and life, I ask only that I may love you more and more.

Death thou art divorced, unmasked and dismissed ...

Can you not see, I too shall yet sing on the eternal shore, where I shall praise and love my God with a new and glorified body ... and shall be reunited with all those whom I have loved on earth and indeed with those I have not ...

O my God how perfectly you have made man and woman, body and soul, Heaven bound to earth, and earth to Heaven.

By the power of your Spirit, the flame of all truth, open the hearts and minds of men to the beauty of their souls.

I am, forever your Consecrated Nun, your bridal lover, your spiritual mother, your child, all things and thus it is and ever shall be ... O my soul!


 
This Day, June 24th 2012 in the Year of Grace
 
A Cloistered Poor Clare Colettine Nun

No comments:

Post a Comment